News and Announcements
Limited Summer Camp places still available!
Register here for July: https://secure.sportability.com/spx/Leagues/League.asp?LgID=48351
July 26 -30
Register here for August: https://secure.sportability.com/spx/Leagues/League.asp?LgID=48352
Registration Fees: $400 full day, $250 half-day.
Email us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org!
See you on the pitch!
#ABSC #SummerRegistration #RegisterNow
ABSC stands in solidarity with all members of our culturally rich and diverse community.
We believe that all individuals have a right to live with dignity and respect. To walk their (world) community and feel safe. Our coaches and staff take a pledge to “say something” if they see something, and to protect the innocent.
ABSC provides equal access to playing opportunities, soccer fields, coaches and coaching development, regardless of age, gender, or nationality. We will not tolerate poor behavior that puts others at risk or humiliates another, and we will call out ill-gotten gains.
We will be honest with ourselves as we should with others.
Join us and pledge to say something if you see something. Anything else means you approve of the action and behavior
1. To learn more about how you can help combat attacks on Asian Americans, visit https://www.aapicovid19.org/resources.
2. Read 5 Ways to Fight Racism and Xenophobia ( Unicef USA), March 18, 2021, by Sarah Ferguson: https://www.unicefusa.org/stories/5-ways-fight-racism-and-xenophobia/34567
Don’t miss out on our Spring Camps:
April 12th – 16th
See you on the Pitch!
Endurance is the ability to exercise continuously for extended periods without tiring or fatiguing. It’s a big part of soccer, among other types of fitness, as games eventually become 90+ minutes long!
1) Heart improves the ability to pump oxygenated blood to muscles
2) Faster recovery after training and games
3) Better focus during games, which can help with decision-making
4) Out-run opponents again and again as the game goes on
How to Increase Endurance:
Interval training! This involves performing repeated exercises at set distances or times. It helps the body move at faster speeds by training the nervous system to react more quickly, the heart’s effectiveness at pumping more blood, and the cell’s metabolism. Training the cell’s metabolism increases capillaries in muscles (which leads to increased blood flow), trains muscles to work more efficiently, and prevents damage to cells)!
Four Main Components to Interval Training:
1) Distance: distance or time of the exercise interval
2) Repetitions: number of times the exercise is repeated
3) Intensity: the exercise speed
4) Rest: amount of time between exercises
Things to Consider:
1) Children shouldn’t practice intervals more than three days per week. This type of training can be exhausting and easily lead to injury.
2) Base the volume (reps and/or distance) and intensity of the workout on child’s capacity to recover. If they are overly tired training three days per week, then cut back to one or two days per week.
3) If the child feels good, try increasing the workout intensity or volume and see what happens.
4) The best way to start an endurance interval training program is to start slowly and progress conservatively.
Endurance Interval Training for Soccer:
In order to increase endurance for sustained efforts that occur in the game, increase the interval distance. This concept is a good base for interval training.
APPLY ONLINE Under the " GET INVOLVED" TAB
Please email covering letter and information to email@example.com.
If you’re an aspiring coach in the Bay Area, then look no further than Albany-Berkeley Soccer Club!
We’re hiring year-round for our girls and boys programs. As a coach, you’ll serve as an important leader and role model working and training players of all ages from 4 to 19
. For an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to see you soon!
#ABSC #NowHiring #Coach #BayArea