News and Announcements
Skill-building and Soccer Fun for ABSC players born 2010 to 1999!
Saturdays: Dec 2nd & 9th
9:00 am – 10:30 am GIRLS
10:30am – noon BOYS
No registration needed
GILMAN TURF NORTH
note change in location from Fielding West
Drop off your player with ABSC coaches and go Holiday Shopping!
Interested in Competitive or Competitive Development Programs?
ABSC Coaches and Trainers can assess your player’s skills in a fun, stress-free environment
Discuss your player’s options for Winter Futsal, Spring Season and beyond
It’s the LAW!
On January 1, 2017, California Assembly Bill 2007 took effect statewide.
This law REQUIRES soccer clubs to provide parents and players with information from the Center for Disease Control in regards to concussions.
ABSC registration is NOT complete, until Concussion Awareness Forms are signed and submitted to ABSC.
PLAYERS CANNOT PLAY until they sign and return the information sheet below:
HURRY! REGISTRATION CLOSES MIDNIGHT DEC 15 https://tinyurl.com/ABSCFutsal
Play January through February 2018
FUTSAL is a fun opportunity for players to sharpen their foot skills, improve their game decision making and stay fit during the off-season.
- U5-U6 8 Saturday morning classes (9:30am, 10:45am, 12:15pm)
- U7-U16 5v5 indoor Futsal
- 6-8 player teams
- Kid-directed, no parent coaching. (With 2010-11 players, a parent may help with subbing if needed)
- ABSC trainers lead a 30 minute pre-game practice and referee games
- Play Saturdays OR Sundays from January 6th to February 25th
- 8 weeks INCLUDING Presidents’ Day Weekend Feb 17/18
- All games played in Albany/Berkeley gyms
- No weekday practice
- Wear either an ABSC uniform or ABSC practice t-shirt.
(NO uniform sales during winter season)
- One-time registration fee – no additional costs
- Early-bird discount through November. Late fee after December 1st
Silent Soccer is one weekend each season in which parents, coaches and spectators are to be silent during game play. It gives ourplayers a chance to trust their skills and instincts without sideline input, and without concern that their mistakes will be corrected from the sidelines in a game environment.
Rules for Families/Spectators
1) No verbal comments about the game or any direct comments to the players, coaches or referees on or off the field – let the players play the game their way. They’re all doing their best, given their age and experience, and don’t need to be urged to play harder or smarter than they already are.
2) “Cheering” is highly encouraged for ALL plays, regardless of team.
3) Be creative in how you choose to “cheer” – make signs to hold up, a rally towel to wave wildly or pom-poms to shake.
4) Clapping IS allowed!
5) Please NO noise makers and especially no whistles, or compressed air horns.
Rules for Coaches
1) Use practice this week to educate your players about Silent Soccer.
2) During game play, remain silent on the sidelines. Under-8 Coaches ONLY may verbally coach; however, please use restraint and coach moderately. (U8 parents must observe the rule of silence.)
3) PERMITTED: calling out for substitutions and speaking quietly to players on the sidelines, giving them instructions to carry out on to the field, such as ’Joey, I want you to switch positions with Tommy, and make sure Billy gets a chance to do a throw in, ok?"
4) Use this weekend as an opportunity to notice how players learn from each other during the course of a game and appreciate all the subtle ways the game teaches.
Reasons why ABSC holds Silent Soccer:
- To foster leadership skills among individual players as they have unique opportunity of giving instruction on the field.
- To foster a sense of true teamwork as players must learn to rely upon one another and communicate with each other appropriately.
- To remind coaches, parents, and players that PRACTICE is the time for instruction. Games are the showcases for learning.
*To remind everyone that youth soccer is primarily for the purpose of kids playing, learning and having fun.
Have a fun, SILENT weekend!
Practices are CANCELLED Thursday and Friday.
ALL ABSC games the weekend of 10/14-15 (Competitive and Recreational) are cancelled OR postponed.
ABSC wants no ambiguity. NO GAMES this weekend. The club will NOT host games or send teams to AWAY games based on the continued unhealthy air quality around the ENTIRE Bay Area.
We are concerned for the health of all our players and we do not want teams pressured into playing under unhealthy conditions.
Again, thank you for your understanding and helping us to keep our kids and families healthy and safe.
We will continue to monitor the air quality each day next week and will hold practices as soon as it is deemed safe.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time as we help keep our kids and families healthy and safe